Monday, February 12, 2007

Weapons of Personal Destruction

I have to say something about the number of M4s, serious shotguns, and general weaponry I see everywhere on Capitol Hill. Reminds me of when I first traveled to Spain after Franco died and I was disgusted and amazed that every corner seemed to have a police person with sub-machine gun on it. It is chilling, and coupled with the profiling that is going on--it makes you understand that we have no freedoms left other than as a sugar encrusted facade that is shown off when the purpose suits. Force and fear are flaunted to keep the riff raff (you and me) in our places.

Two friends attended a showing of The Ghosts of Abu Ghraib at at which Lindsay Graham and Ted Kennedy spoke. Lindsay Graham expressed bone-chilling delight over the methods of torture and the information gained from it, although we know quite well that information gained from torture is notoriously untrustable. He said that the American public supports torture. Then he continued with a twinkle in his eye, "We used a lot of techniques I can't tell you about on the Sheik and it got us great information."

The phrases "lying sack of shit" and "weasle dick" come to mind more and more often. I have no tolerance left for sadistic voyeurism.

No comments: