Sunday, March 25, 2007

A brief history of the attacks on peace advocates at the recruiting center.

I've just posted the Press Release from the May 1st Coalition. Maybe the attacks on out of staters, Vermont kids, will draw some balanced attention that has been withheld in the attacks on local residents that for the past two years have been routinely occuring at public peace gatherings such as the recruitment center protests, now in their fifth year, on Speedway Boulevard in front of the recruitment center. I will be updating this entry throughout the day today with snippets of info and links to blog entries about the history that I know of per protests and the long list of attempts to have the Tucson Police protect the peace folk's right to freedom of speech. For those of you who can't wait for my summary, my entries on this subject begin in June of 2006.

No comments: